"Personal Information" is data that is linked to you personally, such as your name, address, email address, or phone number, as well as other non-public information that is associated with the foregoing. Information you share with us is used for Navigator Institute’s internal business purposes only.
Although the Navigator Institute takes every measure to ensure that your information remains confidential, some employees may have access to the database. Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of member account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of member information at any time.
We take protecting your Personal Information very seriously. In addition to the steps that we take, we would advise you to use caution when disclosing Personal Information especially to other users in public web spaces, such as blog and webcast comment areas. Navigator Institute does not have control over what you choose to disclosure, and is not liable in any way for anyone's use or misuse of the disclosed information. Please note that at this time member areas of the Navigator Institute are not considered public areas and you may feel secure in inputting Personal Information into specified member pages. Only your Career Coach and Navigator Institute Administrators will be able to view the information inputted in the member areas.
Information Collection and Use by www.navinstitute.com
Navigator Institute collects the following personal information when you purchase access to the Navigator Institute Career Transition Course: first name, last name, e-mail address, physical address including city, state, postal code, country, phone number, and credit card details.
- This information is required to identify correct billing information and send course materials, notifications, etc. related to the use of the Navigator Institute service.
- E-mail addresses are used to send notifications related to the service. A user's full name and e-mail address are not shared or displayed on the public website unless the user chooses to publicly post that information. Navigator Institute may also record your IP address to combat online fraud.
- Personal Information may also be collected when you use Navigator Institute products or services available at www.navinstitute.com or choose to post content on a blog site as a guest with authoring rights.
- Navigator Institute does not intentionally gather Personal Information about visitors who are under the age of 13.
- Navigator Institute may also collect Personal Information you provide to us when you enter any promotions or sweepstakes offered on the Navigator Institute or Navigator Executive Advisors websites.
- Navigator Institute may aggregate your information with information from other users (without personally identifying you) and share it with our business partners or others strictly for statistical purposes.
- Navigator Executive Advisors may also collect your Personal Information, such as credit card number, during any financial transactions with us or our business partners.
- Navigator Institute may record information on its server logs received from your browser, including your IP address, cookies, and the pages you request.
- We may send you administrative messages and e-mail updates regarding your personal account, or any other platform at www.navinstitute.com that you may have joined, visited, or made contact with including the Campbell Interests and Skills Survey. We may also send you notices of new content that you may be interested in.
- We may also use cookie, IP address, and URL information to improve the content of the Navigator Institute website, the quality of the Navigator Institute servers, and to provide enhanced features to users, where available.
- IP addresses also help us to diagnose problems with the Navigator Institute server, perform administrative checks on the website, and otherwise provide services to our users.
- IP addresses may be disclosed to a third party if we believe in good faith that the law or legal process requires it, or to protect the rights or property of Navigator Institute, its users, or the general public.
- The Navigator Institute may need to provide your Personal Information to third parties to deliver specific services to you (such as hosting services, support services, or credit card payment processing). These third parties are required to neither disclose your Personal Information nor use your Personal Information in any way other than to provide the services requested by Navigator Institute.
- The Navigator Institute may disclose Personal Information if required by a subpoena or other judicial or administrative order, where required by law, to prevent violation of our Terms and Conditions, to maintain the rights of Navigator Institute or any third party,
- or at our sole discretion where we deem it necessary to protect the safety of any individual or the general public. In the event of a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to another entity, we reserve the right to transfer all of Navigator Institute’s user information, including e-mail addresses, to a separate entity. The Navigator Institute will notify users of such a transfer via a posting on www.navinstitute.com or by e-mail (at our discretion). Users may choose to modify their registration information at that time. Therefore, in the case of such an event, if you are concerned about your Personal Information migrating to a new owner, you may deactivate your account.
The Navigator Institute collects the following Personal Information when you register as a Member of the Navigator Institute Career Transition Course: first name, last name, e-mail address, and phone number.
- Members are required to create a unique username in order to access the information found on the Navigator Institute Career Transition Course. It is the sole responsibility of the Member to keep this username and password confidential. Navigator Institute and its partners cannot be held responsible for a lost or stolen password. Sharing usernames is strictly prohibited according to the Terms and Conditions.
- Information entered into the Navigator Institute Dashboard is subject to be viewed by your Navigator Institute Career Coach and Navigator Institute Administrators. Information you share with Navigator Institute is at your discretion.
- Navigator Institute Career Coaches do not have access to any financial information provided at the time of purchase or any other information that you have provided, with the exception of your first and last name. It is up to the discretion of the Member how much Personal Information you would like to share with your Navigator Institute Career Coach beyond your first and last name.
- By requesting the Campbell Interest and Skill Survey, you authorize Navigator Institute to share your first name, last name, and e-mail address with NCS Pearson, Inc. (http://www.pearsonassessments.com).
The Navigator Institute uses industry standard security measures to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Although we make good faith efforts to store the information collected by Navigator Institute on www.navinstitute.com in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, the Navigator Institute cannot guarantee complete security. Furthermore, while we work hard to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party "hackers" from illegally obtaining this information.
The Navigator Institute follows a strict no spam policy. Any unauthorized use of Navigator Institute computer systems is a violation of the Terms and Conditions and certain federal and state laws, including without limitation the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (18 U.S.C. section 1030 et seq.). Such violations may subject the sender and his or her agents to civil and criminal penalties.
The Navigator Institute reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this policy and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. Notice of any revision, amendment, or modification will be posted on the Navigator Institute website, and a user's continued use of the Navigator Institute services will signify agreement to such changes.
In case you have any concern about your Privacy, you may contact us.